Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Halfway...

It's hard to believe tomorrow is the last full day. It seems like we just got here. For me it seems like it's flying (the 2 hour nap I got today helped, thank you leaders). We've done camp here so much, I know all the mechanics of it, eating, schedule, dorm, freetime, tracks, etc. So, nothing is suprising about that. God is suprising, always is.

God's gotten my attention this week, and it sounds like he's gotten the attention of others as well. Tonight I read the story of Jesus healing the man born blind, and how after his conversion he just dropped and worshiped... I've needed more drop and worship days. Days filled with one on one conversations with God. No frilly church talk prayin'... but "Hey God, here's my heart..." prayin' . I'm thinking you'll see some changes in your kids. Please help your kids keep the fire burning. How?

Instead of the normal "was camp fun? did you eat alot? did you ever shower?" kind of questions... Well OK, you can ask the shower question and solve that. THEN ask new questions:

  1. What did you learn about Jesus this week?
  2. Did God say any stuff to you this week?
  3. Tell me about the songs you learned.
  4. How did you grow in your faith at camp?
  5. How can I help you to stay excited about the things you learned at camp?
  6. Where is your quiet time book? I hear it's got more stuff to do at home.
(yeah, the book is cool encourage them to use it)

Chris <><

0 comments: