Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Can I bring your kids back next week?

The kiddos are awesome. Today they learned about their Crew Chief: God, their Pit Crew: Parents, and their fans (Christian friends)... ok so I made that stuff up for them... but I thought it a cool analogy. But, you parents ARE their Pit Crew. How much advice are you giving them? Are you gearing them up for the Race? Is that Race a rat race the world wants them in or the Race to Righteousness that God wants them on? Think about the finish line you're pointing them to. Is it a worldly cup they're striving for or a Godly cup? Think about it.

I've used the movie Cars so much as an example that finally one of them said, "I didn't know Cars was a Christian movie!" I said, "Well it can be in some applications" He said, "huh?" I moved on.

Your kids, ALL of them have been the best behaved, lively, and fun bunch I know. I'd bring em back next week. Oh wait, not on the holiday... NO I WAS KIDDING. The week after. OH Next year for sure.

Some of our kids came forward for prayer and re dedication and stuff. Kids need your prayers every day. I miss my boy. Mel's being really brave about Jake not being here. Keep praying for her.

Tomorrow is our last FULL day at camp. Hard to believe it's half over.... *sigh*

1 comments:

Terri said...

That's exciting about those that came forward. You are all in our prayers. Mel, I'm praying for you as well. :)
God is really moving with our kids. That's awesome!!

TJ