Wednesday, June 27, 2007

We're sleepy....

The kids crashed last night... ok the adults and the kids crashed last night. 6:15 came WAY to quickly. The boys are getting themselves ready. I hear them yelling about cold water because they haven't let the shower heat up. Oh, I hope I didn't use all the hot water... heheheheh. (I didn't)

God moved the hearts of kids last night. Many from the groups attending went forward to talk about their relationship with Christ. I can see Him working on our kids as well. They're learning about the Romani people of Europe. They are commonly known as Gypsies. This people group is 3 million strong and they have no nation or permanent home. The kids are being challenged to give to support missionaries that reach out to them. They learned about a missionary to the Romani. He was an executive VP at Nike who accepted the call from God to missions. Wow, talk about outside your comfort zone!

Parents, are you pushing your kids outside the comfort zone? (camp is way out sometimes) Are you challenging them to be on mission at their school? Do they go to school to hang with their friends only, or are they reaching out to others? You guys are their example. How well you get along with folks that aren't your "friends" determines much of how they will. Just a thought.

Today is "Pit Stop Alley" as we talk to the kids about worship, discipleship, and refuel time with God. I'm ready for some refuel.... and strong coffee.

I am a nerd... proud of it. (remember you can put comments to blog posts to share encouragement) look down at the bottom of each post.

7 comments:

Terri said...

We are praying for you everyday. I hope you are all staying somewhat cool. I know how terribly hot it is here. Ted, the pictures are great as usual!!!
Can't wait to see you all Friday.

Mama W. said...

I hope my daughter was NOT the one who had the two frappachinos!
Glad all is well...will continue to pray for you guys (girl guys, guy guys, and adult guys)!
Kathy W.

Jerri Knowles said...

I'm keeping all of you in my prayers! It sounds like you're having a great time!! Stay safe!

picturesofhisgrace said...

Looks like everyone is having a blast. We are praying for you everyday. Praying that the kids' hearts will be open to what God wants to show them. Thanks, Ted, for the pictures. They are wonderful. We are looking forward to hearing all about camp when you guys get home. Take care!-karen

Beth Warner said...

Hi everybody! Looks like you're having a blast. I love the pics and reading the blogs. You are all in my prayers and I hope God does a mighty work there!!
Love,
Beth

Keva said...

Sounds and looks like you are all having a great time. You are in our prayers daily and I hope each of you are becoming closer to Christ in your dialy walk. Can't wait to see you all Friday. Don't worry Kathy it was probably my daughter who had the two frappachinos. Keva

Chris <>< said...

My wife will thank me that I stopped Jorja from drinking her SECOND Sobe energy drink at 9:30.

"Honey, you probably should drink that in the morning to wake up" *she nods with eyes wide open*