Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Quotes

This is Ted. The kids (of all ages!) are having so much fun. I had forgotten how much fun this was for the kids. I had also forgotten how tired everyone was by the end of the day. I don't know about the girls but the boys took about 1.5 hours less before all rooms were silent (compared to yesterday). It's 11:30 now and I haven't heard anything for quite some time. The photos are uploaded so you can view. It's much more difficult this year to photograph everyone because there are so many more kids. But I do have a few more days of "Track Time". My goal is to get some photos of every kid in at least one of their two tracks. ...this is a big campus to cover--especially in the heat of the day (1:00-3:00PM) and a heavy camera. ...but I do have a list and I'm checking off names as I go along.

Here are a few quotes from the kids from today. I typically don't say which kid said it but I have to for this one because character is so important... I was sitting with Daniel Clark today at lunch and he was talking about different foods he likes/dislikes. He tears a piece of his grilled cheese apart, and takes in a bite, chews, pauses... "....I think my mom's grilled cheeses are better." ...but the way he said it was as though he was trying to get his point across but at the same time not criticize whoever had made that sandwich for him. Classic! So Bonnie--Your grilled cheeses are the best.

Anna Winstead has a quote but it's just too long to put in the blog. Apparently, there is a method of determining the origins of peas because, "these are obviously the generic brand." ...and then she went continued to explain to everybody how one tells the difference...

Chris Giddens confessed to the kids today that he, "was a nerd." Nah!!! Really?!

...more tomorrow! G'Night y'all!

1 comments:

Brian said...

Chris is a what???? I am totally shocked!!!!!